- 10 rashes of unsmoked bacon (Cubed)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1kg potatoes peeled and sliced
- 300ml of single cream
- Cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Add the onion, garlic, and thyme and fry until the onion is soft.
- Arrange half the potato slices at the bottom of the oven proof dish.
- Spread over the bacon and onion.
- Arrange the remaining potato slices over the top.
- Pour over the cream and sprinkle cheese on top/
- Cover with foil and make for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until lightly browned.