This is a Paprika Stew. You can make it vegetarian or meaty. If you want to make it meaty, then just add whatever meat you want.
- One big onion (chopped)
- Potatoes (about 4 or 5)
- Mushrooms (very chunky chopped)
- 6 heaped teaspoons of Paprika
- Tin of coconut milk
- Veggie stock cube (or equivalent)
- 400 ml of water
- Serve with either rice, or crusty bread
- Parboil the potatoes. They should still be rather firm.
- Once the potatoes are done, cook the onions in some oil.
- Once browning, add in the mushrooms and coat the mushrooms in the oil from onions.
- Then add in the potatoes, and green beans.
- Stir for a few minutes.
- Add in the tin of coconut milk, the stock cube, the water, and the paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, and then reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Check that the potatoes are cooked as you like them.
- Serve with either rice, or crusty bread.